CHI’s Co-Founder and President, David Fogel, MD wrote the attached article that was recently published in the Integrative Practitioner. “Integrative Efforts on Capitol Hill Push Inclusion in COVID-19 Policy”.
CHI Health Care makes 2019 Integrator Top 10
Coming of the Light: The 2019 Integrator Top 10 for Policy and Action in Integrative Health and Medicine
Surgeon General Visits CHI Health Care
Alliance for Health Reform
Wharton Health care Quarterly
- Bending the Cost Curve: CHI Health Care Draws Surgeon General Visit #169: March 2017
- Part 2: Huffington Post Report on Successes/Challenges in M.D.-Led and N.D.-Led Integrative PCMHs
- Integrative Medicine, Complementary and Alternative Health and Medicine Round-up #98: December 2015
- CHI Health Care: EVP/COO Tracey Gersh, PhD on Bridging Integrative Health into a PCMH and ACO
- CHI Health Care Announces an Integrative Health Care PCMH as an Evolving Model of Practice
- CHI Health Care: Marrying Integrative Health and Values-Based Medicine
- Chronicles of Health Creation: Report Shares Successes/Challenges in M.D.-Led and N.D.-Led Integrative Patient-Centered Medical Homes
- Coming of the Light: The 2015 Integrator Top 10 for Policy and Action in Integrative Health and Medicine
- Doctors Readying For Obamacare’s New Health Insurance Benefits
- Bending the Cost Curve: CHI Health Care Draws Surgeon General Visit
- Conscious Capitalism and Love at the CHI Health Care’s Integrative PCMH
CHI Health Care Recognized for Innovative and Effective Workplace Practices
Receives prestigious When Work Works Award
GAITHERSBURG, Maryland (May, 19, 2017) – CHI Health Care has been honored with a 2017 When Work Works Award for exemplary workplace practices.
The prestigious When Work Works Award is part of the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM’s) When Work Works project, a national initiative that helps employers become more successful by transforming the way they view and adopt effective and flexible workplaces.
The award recognizes employers of all sizes across the country that are excelling at offering a variety of top-rated employee initiatives such as work-life fit policies, flexible scheduling and transition to parenthood programs. The award goes beyond work-life programs and includes initiatives that address the additional evidence-based aspects of effective workplaces, such as opportunities for learning, a culture of respect and trust, and job autonomy.
“Working with patients in primary health care is one of the more challenging work environments in America today. CHI Health Care opened its doors in 2012 with a commitment to engage and motivate our staff to both lead our patients toward better health and be examples of health ourselves. Our team is a purpose driven and diverse mix of individuals from various backgrounds, working to provide the best possible patient care while collaborating to support and learn from each other. Workplace flexibility is at the core of our model as a nonprofit and keeps our patients and employees at the center of our consciousness. We offer employee wellness programs, perks including standing desks and yoga classes, as well as leave policies and work schedules that help support a good work-life balance.” said David Fogel, MD, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of CHI Health Care.
In applying for the award, CHI Health Care was evaluated on factors associated with employee health, well-being and engagement: opportunities for learning; a culture of trust; work-life fit; supervisor support for work success; autonomy; and satisfaction with earnings, benefits and opportunities for advancement.
“Considering that 78 percent of employers report difficulty recruiting employees for highly skilled jobs and 38 percent report difficulty recruiting for entry-level hourly jobs, When Work Works Award winners have leveraged this recognition opportunity to distinguish themselves as exemplary employers that offer new or enhanced options that help them attract and retain top talent,” said Ellen Galinsky, president of the Families and Work Institute, the original creator of this award, and senior research advisor at SHRM.
“These winners have reinvented their workplaces in ways that benefit business and employees alike and are reaping the benefits in terms of employee job satisfaction and retention,” said Cassidy Solis, senior advisor, workplace flexibility, at SHRM.
The award is earned after a rigorous assessment that emphasizes the real-life experiences of employees and incorporates national benchmarks of employer practices from the National Study of Employers and the employee experiences from the National Study of the Changing Workforce. Two-thirds of an organization’s winning score is based on a survey of its employees.